Friday, July 25, 2008

The Beckoning

Calmly considering my training plan for the next year, I could hear a hiss from the opposite end of the house. Methodically ignoring the call, I continued to work on my plan. Counting hours and formulating goals.

The hiss became more persistent. It used my name. It mentioned chocolate. I could ignore it.

While I typed, I started picturing the source: rich, creamy, decadent milk chocolate cheesecake. Consciously focusing on terms such as anatomical adaptation phase, maximum transition phase, maximum strength phrase....until the hiss became a shout impossible to ignore. I was strong...

Until it suggested the addition of peanut butter. Who can resist milk chocolate cheesecake with a thick spread of chunky peanut butter? Obviously not me.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

OK. Now we know where to find this decadently delightful dessert. I say, let's have Jocelyn make us one for Sunday dinner some time - who agrees?

Me2 said...

I second the idea

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like I'll need to make this for dinner August 17th. :D

Sarah said...

That sort of thing always seems to happen to me when I try to read a textbook!