Saturday, July 26, 2008

Number 804

My race packet came in the mail today! :D I've been training all summer for this day and it's hard to believe it's just around the corner. Having my race number in hand makes the event feel real rather than some theoretical activity that I might do some day.

All are welcome (but not obligated) to come cheer on Saturday, August 9th. I'll be in wave #7, which starts at 8:47 am.


DIRECTIONS: From I-5, exit Camp Pendleton - Oceanside/Harbor Drive and enter through the main gate. Once on base go straight for a mile and make a left on Stuart Mesa Road and then follow “RACE EVENT” signs to ACU-5. Bring a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. Allow 30 minutes from the base gate to the race site.

For more info check out the official web page: Camp Pendleton Races: Sprint Triathlon

10 comments:

Joanne said...

I am so excited to watch YOU race! This will be even more fun to watch than GHHS cross country (LOL). Glad you have been training carefully and diligently. My hat's off to you!

Andrea said...

Yeah!!!! That's exciting to actually have your number in your hand. You're going to do great!

T.G. said...

You're incredible! I could never to that kind of a race. Good luck!

Stefani M. said...

You know what this blog needs... pictures of you! I fully expect to see a picture of you with a giant 804 on your shirt taken the day of the race. :) Good luck, too!
It's fun to learn new things about you... Sounds like you are really excited for the race. (I on the other hand abhor running.)

Jack Turner said...

Did you post this to the recipe blog first? I clicked the title "Number 804" on the recipe blog and it came up not found. I was nervous that I had somehow messed up another blog!

Jocelyn said...

Yep, I was blogging past my bedtime and inadvertently posted to the wrong blog. I think blogger recently updated their spam program because my I Tri blog was marked as spam, too. I was actually impressed with how quickly they reactivated it, however. Did you request to have yours reactivated or are you just moving on to bigger and better things?

Jocelyn said...

Yes, Stefani, I will be adding pictures, soon. Since I'm such a proponent for visual supports, I'm a bit embarrassed that I haven't included any yet.

Stefani M. said...

Visual Supports...

Is that a buzz word in the education world? It sounds like it. If not, you'll have to explain the italicization.

Jocelyn said...

Yep, you've got it, Stefani. Visual supports are a buzz word in education, especially among speech language pathologists. The idea is to reinforce language with visuals. It helps kids learn the meaning of words more efficiently and it helps people who are not as strong with language better understand and remember what you've said. It's kind of the "picture's worth a thousand words" motif.

Sarah said...

Sweet! That's this Saturday! I'll be thinking of you while I'm camping in Rocky Mt. National Park!