Monday, July 14, 2008

What is "My Own Business?"

Well, since most stories will begin with my regular routine, I thought I'd fill you in on the basics.

I'm definitely a morning person who cherishes watching the sunrise. So it's not unusual for me to set my alarm for 5:00 am during summer vacation. I'm training for a sprint triathlon and am trying to squeeze my workouts into the relatively cool hours of the day.

I'm a bit of a transient at the time as I'm temporarily renting a room from a wonderful (and generous) family. I'm hoping to have a permanent home sooner than later, but I'm trying not to rush into anything.

I work as a Speech Language Pathologist for a local school district where I provide speech and language therapy for two elementary schools. I absolutely love my job as I have supportive coworkers, comfortable offices, and an awesome career. Not to mention, I get to work with children in order to help them access the world around them. Here's a link to my favorite story about a speech therapist (you'll want to scroll to the last section "Hymns Facilitate the Bearing of Testimony"): The Power of Hymns

Well, I better get back to minding my own business. It's time for bed: the sun will rise before you know it and I'd like to run 6 miles before it gets too hot.

No comments: