Thursday, September 11, 2008

In an attempt to squelch some rumors...

Here's my five year plan:
27th year - Rent a room from friends and pay off debts/save $$$, train for and race in triathlons.

28th year - Rent an apartment in Riverside, research grad schools for my PhD in Speech Language Pathology, Prep for grad school, Save $$ for emergency fund & grad school, More triathlons

29th year - Repeat above and apply for grad schools

30th year - Move somewhere outside of CA and go to school and do triathlons.

Please note that this is a tentative plan and may change in the next five minutes. Comments, advice, and cautions are appreciated. Please also be aware that I am headstrong and may not heed your comments, advice or cautions in relation to my five year plan, but they are still appreciated.

4 comments:

grammyzanne said...

What are the rumors?

Sounds like a good plan. Of course we know what happens to the best laid plans of mice and men. It wouldn't surprise me for you to do a five year plan in four years - looks like you are already planning to do that. ;)

Sorry, I'm in a rare (thankfully) mood tonight.

Jocelyn said...

Hah! Yes, I stopped my five year plan at four. Oops!

31st year - Continue my PhD program (and yes do triathlons)

Jack Turner said...

Since you have the time to do it, I was wondering whether you were going to pick your school early and move out there ahead of time to gain residency and pay less tuition. Is that even a consideration with PhD programs?

Jocelyn said...

Jack - I wondered that same thing. My concern is that it would be hard to find a job that pays as competitively as my current job. I'd need to do a cost analysis. It's definitely on my radar.