Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The perfect shirt

Anyone who knows me knows that I love birthdays. Not only are they a great way to celebrate life, vibrancy, and hope for the future year; they're also an opportunity to commemorate the past year of friendships, learning opportunities, and growth.

So there I was Saturday night, minding my own business, taking my brother out to purchase his birthday present and to get some ice cream, when we happened upon the perfect shirt. Brent has stiff requirements when it comes to his clothing: short sleeve, no stripes, long, and relatively masculine. So, his eyebrows raised when my eyes grew large in amazement at the perfect men's shirt: a crisp long sleeve masterpiece with three inch lavender and blue daisies on a cream background. I'm not sure if it was the gleam in my eye or if he was in an especially adventurous mood, but Brent offered to try it on without prompting. I think he knew that it was the perfect shirt.

As he walked out of the dressing room, a laugh erupted from my soul that couldn't be squelched. It was the perfect shirt for 1968, for a great laugh, and for a lasting birthday memory. Yes Stefani, I thought to take a picture; however, my camera battery was dead. I obviously wasn't prepared to find the perfect shirt that evening.

Brent and I had a good laugh over some hot chocolate as it was too cold and rainy for birthday ice cream. I guess that's what happens when you have a fall birthday.

 

1 comment:

Stefani M. said...

Sounds like it would have been perfect for Halloween! You should go back and buy it for him (or just take a picture, which ever your budget can afford). Oh, and that's weird about the no stripes thing. It's a rare day when Quentin isn't in something plaid or striped. To me, that's a man shirt (like the new layered striped polo I got Julian from Target... makes him look like a little boy instead of a baby).