Thursday, March 12, 2009

The least favorite months

Every month, I make a statement that goes something like this, "March is one of my favorite times of the year. I just love...," except for February and August.

I do not like February. I do not like it in a box with a fox. I do not like it here nor there. I do not like it anywhere.

Rotten months like February, make me appreciate beautiful months like March and April all the more.

Hooray for the onset of spring and the advent of later sunsets. Hooray for short sleeves and sandals. Hooray for making it through another long February.

7 comments:

Adri said...

That's quite funny considering February is the shortest month of the year... but congrats with making it through.

I feel the same way about being 25. I CAN NOT WAIT for my birthday, I really do believe being 26 will be a nice change for me :) Sandals and sunshine and all!

Michael said...

So what is it about February that's not to like in a box or with a fox?

Jocelyn said...

Yes, I liked 26. However, I think 27 is my current favorite.

February is deceptive with its 28 days and its 3 day weekends. It's crazy busy at work because I still need to get a months worth of work into fewer days.

By the time Feb rolls around, I'm just ready for spring, but it's still definitely winter with its early sunsets.

The list could continue of things I don't like about the second month, but I'll wait until next February to elaborate.

I need to get out and enjoy March before it slips away.

Michael said...

Sounds good...let's enjoy March

Tamara Robertson said...

Are you concerned about winter in DC or excited for the change in seasons? I really loved the spring and fall. It definitely made the hot summers and the cold winters bearable.

Jocelyn said...

I'm a little concerned about the cold winters. Mostly I'm concerned about training in the cold. I imagine I'll figure it out and survive.

Melanie said...

Yes, death to February; it was the LONGEST month.