Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finish strong

I guess I just had to sleep on it a bit. Here's the Jocelynized story:

So there I was minding my own business finishing my triathlon turned duathlon, when the man I was pacing myself with decided to just up and walk. What are you supposed to do when you're tired and ready to be done and you know that no one you know can see you and the man you were pacing yourself with WALKS?!?!?!? Oh, also add that you know that you're more than 10 minutes ahead of schedule and it's really hot and .... Yep, I walked for a few moments in my race. *hangs head in shame* But only for a few moments. Then I picked up the pace and sprinted the last quarter mile. Does that make up for the moment of weakness? I can just hear the primary song lyrics now: Dare to do right, dare to be true, Other men's failures will never save you...

There will be NO WALKING in Park City on June 27th

8 comments:

Michael said...

I guess I should have finished reading the rest of the posts before I commented on the last one! I was trying to post as I read...so often I will read all the posts first, then I don't go back to comment...

Austin's Mommy said...

You're coming to Park City? Can we see you?

Jocelyn said...

Dad, I like your version of the story better, so I'm glad you double posted it.

Of course! I'd love to see you and meet Austin. I haven't figured out all the details of the trip, but it will definitely include seeing you.

jocelyn the elder said...

Your great enthusiam in contagious!
Glad Chelsea and Brent are in training, too.

Adri said...

Oh it's fine to walk a little bit, considering how the result of your little walk has fueled you to achieve more in the future, it was meant to be :) I can't wait to cheer you on at the next Tri! I'll wear a shirt that says 'There's No Walking in Triathlons'

Joanne said...

Glad you are going to do another triathlon - and a great place for one! Have fun getting ready!

Melanie said...

I am inspired. I want to start swimming this summer, but I just checked and the pool at my apartment complex doesn't open until 11am. Maybe I can find a rec center pool with before-work hours.

Taylor said...

That makes me laugh...Adri's- "There's no walking in triathlons!" Jocelyn will know soon enough, why taht is funny, as she does longer and longer races- don't act like you won't, you are hooked =)