Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A purrfect week


I think I may be turning into a cat...

Last week while my friend and hairstylist was texturizing my hair she commented on the process of thinning out the extra weight: "It's like brushing a cat: you keep combing and combing and you never quite get all the hair." Hmmm.

This weekend I had the privilege of visiting Tamara and Jack in Phoenix. Here's what happened when I was getting ready:

Oh, shoot. I forgot my comb, again. Hmm. How fortunate, Tamara has a comb right here on the bathroom counter. I'm sure she won't mind if I use it. How strange. This comb looks like a texturizing comb with an embedded raiser. It can't be. Why would Tamara have a texturizing comb in her bathroom. Well, just to be safe, I'm going to use the other end. Hmm.

Several hours later while shaving the cat...
Tamara: Sammy just sheds like crazy. We recently bought a texturizing comb to thin out his hair so he won't shed so much.
Jocelyn: Well, now I know why Tamara has a texturizing comb. There's nothing like sharing a comb with a cat! Yuck! Lesson learned: bring your own comb.

6 comments:

Austin's Mommy said...

Oh, that is too funny.

Tamara Robertson said...

you also could have to borrow a real comb. ; )

Joanne said...

Oh what cats and girls do to be in style!

Grammyzanne said...

And many years ago I mistook my cousin's Brylcreme for toothpaste. It didn't tak eme long to figure out that mistake!

Sarah said...

lol

Andrea said...

At least you didn't confuse horseradish for mashed potatoes!