Saturday, June 20, 2009

Decision making styles

Lauren and I make a good pair. I think we temper each other's decision making styles nicely. Lauren tends to deliberate and research and deliberate some more before she makes a decision. I, on the other hand, think for a bit (5-10 minutes) and then DECIDE. I don't spend much time in the stew/deliberation mode. We both stick to our decisions fairly well once they're made.

When I stayed with her, I fought my natural tendency and waited almost 24 hours before I made an official decision about my roommates and housing, which is mighty slow for me. She, on the other hand, bought a car in one day, which is record speed for Lauren. Talk about one productive weekend. We both feel quite pleased with our decisions, but only time will tell for both of us.

A bittersweet farewell...Out with the old, in with the new...Looking good, Lauren!

2 comments:

Stefani M. said...

I'm like Lauren... I like to sit on my decisions. Quentin is more like you, so when push comes to shove... we do things in between... Quentin is anxious waiting while I get more comfortable with a decision and I'm anxious feeling like I made my decision to quickly!

Sarah said...

I love my RAV4!!!