Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday blessing

As an unofficial family tradition, my mother offers the prayer before birthday dinner. This prayer is always heartfelt and leaves you feeling loved, well almost always...

Here's what happened this year:
We're grateful for the joy that Jocelyn has brought into our family these many years, I mean, few years.

Giggling broke out around the table. My mom tried to gain her composure and establish some level of reverence, but to no avail.

She finally concluded:
We're thankful for her sense of humor....Amen.

I'm grateful my mom, my Heavenly Father, and I all have great senses of humor. :)

6 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

A sense of humor is indeed a precious gift.
Happy belated birthday.

Jocelyn said...

Grandma said that it reminded her of when she had her four daughters at home. Apparently this type of reverence happened regularly. Which really, doesn't surprise me knowing my mom and aunts.

Stefani M. said...

See... I knew I'd forget! Actually, I remembered as soon as I saw that my feed had updated showing that July is your favorite month. So, I gave you a Happy Birthday a few days early, so here's one a few days late. "Happy Birthday."

Jocelyn said...

Ha ha! Stefani, I was looking in my backyard for dancing elephants, but they didn't make it this year. ;) I believe in celebrating all month long, so you're not late at all in my book!

Joanne said...

Glad we've had so MANY years to laugh together. Here's to LOTS more! ha ha ha, lol, ha, ha, ha!

Janet said...

Some giggling occurred on this end too when I read it. Happy birthday month! See you in a few days!