Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July IS my favorite month

While I love January, March, April, May, June, September, October and November, July has to be my absolute favorite month. (February and August are omitted on purpose. I do NOT like those months.) You get to start the month with fireworks, sing songs like "What do you do in the Summer Time?" and "It's Summertime and the Living is Easy," eat hamburgers and homemade ice cream, and celebrate Pioneer Day. July is also my new year. Schools start their fiscal year July 1 and so do I. This is when I write my goals, celebrate the growth I've made, and appreciate the beauty of being alive.

Noteworthy achievements of my 27th year:
  • Paid off my credit card balances
  • Went a year without alcohol, coffee, and tobacco
  • Raced in two triathlons
  • Stopped using vulgar language (even in my head)
I thrive on goals and fresh starts.

7 comments:

Adri said...

I can't wait to see what this new year brings you! We've both realized how much growth can happen in one short year :) I'm just so glad I can be a witness to it!

Jocelyn said...

It has been a great year for both of us! So glad that you've been there with me. I still am voting for you to move to Virginia in six months.

Marydalene said...

Hmmm....I have to say that August has to be a favorite month or I wouldn't have a birthday! But I agree, other than that, it's a rather boring month. :) Good for you on keeping your goals.

Joanne said...

We've observed tremendous changes and growth in you this past year. Congratulations on achieving your difficult and worthy goals. And I do love February (it's cool and nice and short, but I agree that I do not like the long hot month of August!)

Grammyzanne said...

Your achievements in your 27th year are worthy of much celebration! It has been a joy to watch you make your goals. Though I am still trying to figure out why you would want to participate in a triathilon. But more power to you and they certainly have been a positive thing in your life.
With the exception of Mary's birthday, I can't think of much August has to offer - except heat and more heat and I've already had enough heat by August.

Sarah said...

Those are some pretty amazing achievements! I totally bombed on my running goals, unlike you. Congrats!

Jocelyn said...

I only posted the goals I met. There is not mention of running goals for a reason. haha!