Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tic tock, tic tock

Let's see, can you eat all of your broccoli before the timer goes off. Ready? Okay, go!

My mom taught me the "Race the Timer" strategy at a very young age and I still use it today. I set timers for EVERYTHING including how long students are in my office, how long I'll spend on Facebook, and how long I'll help can applesauce.

My favorite timer is an online visual timer from www.online-stopwatch.com

Let's see if you can post a comment before the timer goes off. Ready? Okay, go!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is awesome. I'm totally going to use that.

Adri said...

The ability use restraint on such a time sink as Facebook will really do me some good. I'll make a concerted effort to watch my time and see what an improvement it makes!

Thanks! xo

Andrea said...

I love it! I'm totally going to use it in my classroom!