Sunday, August 9, 2009

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." - Eudora Weity

On my trip I was able to have happy reunions with friends from days that have passed. However, I forgot to take pictures of these dear people!

Gretel, my sophomore roommate, and I went to lunch at the Creamery on Ninth, and I forgot to take a picture.

I met up with Nicole, an apartment mate from my freshman year at BYU, for dinner at the Brick Oven Pizza, and I forgot to  take a picture.

Carrie and Jim, my amazing home/visiting teachers from Redlands, had me over for dinner, and I forgot to take a picture

Keith, a friend from my ward as a kid, and I went to lunch in Salt Lake City, and I forgot to take a picture.

I stayed with Christine, a friend from high school, and I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE.

And did I take pictures of my cousins and their families? Nope. I guess I was too busy enjoying the moment.

You may ask, what did I take pictures of, then. Well, what anyone would: the posters in the Primary Resource Room in Salt Lake about using visual supports and making accommodations for children with disabilities:

Here are the friends that I did photograph (See I’m not a lost cause, I just have LOTS of room for improvement):

Mikey and Melissa Me, Mikey, and Melissa at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT

Aaron in Logan

Aaron and me in Logan, Ut

Grandpa and Grandma

My grandparents in Provo, UT - I think I have Grandpa’s grin

The Smiths

Sarah, Danny, Dan, Kaelah, and me in Colorado

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Enjoyed the pictures you did take! Guess you'll just have to drive back the way you came to get those pictures! (ha)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. It was wonderful to see you. When my friends from Idaho came through the day before yesterday we completely forgot to take a picture, so everybody does it. And you totally have your grandpa's grin. It's wonderful!

Stefani M. said...

Aaron and Keith! Two dates! Wow, Jocelyn. :)

Grammyzanne said...

I, for one, really appreciated the Primary Resource Pictures. Our stake primary leadership meeting in October will have a discussion of working with children with learning challenges. There are some great ideas here.

Joanne said...

I just took time to look at the pictures from the resource room. They are wonderful and great to see a success story and support from Primary leaders and bishopric! Thanks for sharing.

Adri said...

Shucks, I should have gone on the trip with you because I would have been there to photograph the whole thing... although I do get lazy and leave my pics on my camera for weeks on end before posting them...

Nicole said...

Well, I'll just have to come to DC, then we can have a picture of the two of us. :)