Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Minding my own business doesn’t cut it here in VA

So, now that I live in a world of politics and current events, minding my own business apparently isn’t enough anymore. I’m expected to have opinions about health care policies and economic reform. After the small talk about the weather, the conversation often turns to politics. Eek! Somehow, I’ve managed to evade learning about such matters and often feel overwhelmed when I try to step into the world of political and economic education.

So here’s my question: how do you digest news? Where do you turn for your savory bites of current events and politics?

6 comments:

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

When I was taking a critical thinking class, we were all expected to have opinions on political happenings. I signed up for NewsMax. It was a link I found when I was trying to look for a podcast from Rush Limbaugh or Roger Hedgecock. It sent a quick email update every day or so. I could click on things that were interesting to me and then delete it.

J'lene Fernandez Merrill said...

Being the Political Science grad that I am I've learned a few tricks. lol Add the major News apps to your igoogle start up page. Such as BBC, NPR, CNN and Google News. Look through the headlines daily and open up/skim through the ones that you are interested in. Let me know if you need any help. It worked for me. :)

Marydalene said...

Me? I just work at a newspaper. Seems to work for me. :) (Although I do use the CNN-AP-BBC-NPR trick with Google News as well.)

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the tips. I've updated my iGoogle and have subscribed to NewsMax, now to look for a job at a newspaper. Hmmm. You guys are great!

Stefani M. said...

I don't pay attention to any of that stuff... because they're all idiots! Just kidding. But I still don't pay attention. Although, I did read the articles the pediatrician had tacked up in her office about Obama's Health Care Reform. (It's BAAAAD!)

Joanne said...

Great info for me! I need to get in the loop, too.