Friday, August 7, 2009

Now I... I know we're not in Kansas California!

So there I was minding my own business at the grocery store, which includes saying hello to the grocer stocking the vegetables. (Perhaps, this isn't minding my own business, hmm.) The 60 year old grocer, who is looking forward to going to the 40th anniversary of Woodstock next week and just sunk too much money into an '84 car he was hoping to get rid of through the "junker" program carefully answered my cheerful "How are you doing?" He even found me later in the store to fill me in a bit more of the story.

2 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Friendliness invites friendliness. Sounds like you will make it a great place to live.

Joanne said...

Glad you found a grocery store! And with a friendly clerk, you won't put off grocery shopping!