Monday, August 24, 2009

Your problems lie in your curls

 

♫ Take all your problems And rip 'em apart,
Carry them off in a shopping cart,
And another thing you should've known from the start,
The problems in hand are lighter than at heart,
Be like the squirrel girl, be like the squirrel,
Give it a whirl girl, be like the squirrel,
And another thing you have to know in this world,
Cut up your hair, straighten your curls,
Well, your problems hide in your curls. ♫

-White Stripes Little Acorns from the album Elephant

Through the last few years, I’ve tried to live this song to its fullest by breaking problems into bite size parts, oh, and of course straightening my curls thanks to my flat iron. However, the humidity here in VA has thwarted my attempts and I have to deal with a whole new set of problems that I’m sure hide in my curls.

DC 025

4 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Enjoy the curls - they look good on you.

Joanne said...

You look great in curls standing by the Potomac!

Stefani M. said...

Oh, how I wish I could have curly hair sometimes... but with a four-year-old who enjoys playing beauty shop, and not enough time to do my hair everyday, I MUST straighten my hair. It's not much of a problem for me in Texas. Hmmmm.

Andrea said...

Embrace your inner curl :)