Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some people like to make life a little tougher than it is

The lyrics to a favorite Cake song keep running through my head

Some people* like to make life
A little tougher than it is

So, Monday I realized that I could move. I thought about it and decided Monday afternoon to put the ball in motion. Amazingly, everything fell into place quite nicely in less than 24 hours. Now I have just over a week to move. It’s a good thing I hadn’t finished unpacking.

Everyone keeps asking me why, and I don’t really have a good answer. There are pros and cons. It just felt right and it goes along with my recurring theme of making life a littler tougher than it is.

I’ll be living with a friend from my ward in a basement apartment close to work. The place is beautiful and has a great yard. I’ll post pics once I’m moved in.

*some people=Jocelyn


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

7 comments:

Joanne said...

It definitely is a lot of work to move. But think of all the practice you've had this year: packing up a work office and reorganizing and packing up the new office and moving from here to there! Wishing you well in your packing! Hope you saved your boxes!

Grammyzanne said...

That's a rapid change of address. Not too many more moves and you will have moved as often as Mother and Daddy did when they were first married. I gather this is closer to work - always and advantage.

Jocelyn said...

Hey, this was my 100th blog post! Happy 100th blog post to my blog!

I don't think anyone can move as often as Grandpa and Grandma did that first year. I came close in 2001-2002.

I saved some but not all my boxes. Eeek! The larger boxes had gone through multiple moves by the time I had them so weren't worth storing. Since I have a week to move, I'm moving things in shifts. Then the boxes can do double duty.

Andrea said...

Good luck with the move!

Sarah said...

Hey, if it feels right, go for it! Wish I was close enough to help.

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

You'll enjoy the cool basement during the hot summer!

Geneva said...

1) I love Cake and you for quoting a cake song.
2) If you didn't move, I would not have met you.
3) I'm sad for the demise of well loved boxes.