Sunday, September 13, 2009

You’re looking for me?

Last Sunday, towards the end of Relief Society, a member of the bishopric came into the room. The RS president asked if he had anything he wanted to share and he indicated, No he was just looking for someone. Knowing that I have a calling and am new to the ward, I was certain it wasn’t me. I packed up my things and prepared to slip out the back door, when he comes up to me and asks if I have a minute. It takes me a moment to process and realize: he was looking for ME. I jokingly tell him, you know I already have a calling, you’re probably really looking for someone else. He laughed and stated Oh you have no idea, do you. So, he asked me to speak in sacrament meeting today.

At my sister’s request, I’m sharing my talk here as a Google Document. Well, what I would have liked to have said if I had been able to use more time. Unfortunately I had to do some editing at the pulpit to allow the second speaker some time.

Thank you to everyone who sent me their thoughts, prayers, calls, and texts. I could feel your love and encouragement.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I enjoyed your talk-very uplifting.

Marydalene said...

Thank you for sharing your talk. I enjoyed it very much.

Janet said...

Great talk! I always enjoy preparing talks...not so much giving them.

Joanne said...

Excellent talk. I want it to be given at the next General Conference - an important message for all of us. Thank you for sharing this testimony with us.

Michael said...

Thank you for sharing these deep emotional feelings. I vividly remember talking with you on the phone while sitting in the car in the parking lot outside the apartment we were living in temporarily while our house was being restored. I am so grateful that you were able to recognize the spirit's witness and make the difficult changes required to be where you are today. What a great example you are to all of us.

By the way, I don't think it is "dad ears" that are making me say this is a great talk...it really is! Love you.

Grammyzanne said...

Thank you for sharing. It is a very powerful talk and message. Wish I could share it with the sisters in my ward. Maybe you should consider submitting it to the Ensign. I admire the courage, strength and faith you have shown and are living.

jocelyn the elder said...

I need to learn how to access your talk!
I jotted your assigned scriptures, but errored with the one. There is no Moses 8:48.

Sarah said...

That was wonderful. Thank you for sharing something that must be so hard to remember. I'm so glad your dad cried with you on the phone!

Austin's Mommy said...

I never have to edit my talk. I'm such a considerate speaker (dripping with sarcasm) that I always allow the last speaker LOTS of time. :)

Chelsea said...

thank you fi sharing your talk, it was very touching