Sunday, November 29, 2009

A picture's worth a thousand words (Part II)

Once again, I took my camera, but I forgot to take pictures of…

  • The Squirrel Proof Feeder – Aunt Carmela has in ingenious contraption for feeding birds, but not squirrels.
  • The FEAST – Aunt Carmela spoiled us with turkey, dressing, yams, THE BEST BEETS EVER, dinner rolls, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, cream cheese pumpkin roll, pumpkin pie… You get the idea. DELICIOUS!
  • The Performance – James and I performed Deck the Plate with Lots of Turkey and Count Your Many Blessings for Aunt Carmela and George Ann.
  • The Scrabble Game -  All will be glad to know that James is competitive in Scrabble, but has not yet beat me.
  • The Philly Cheese Steaks – James had his first authentic Philly cheese steak this weekend @ the West Chester Diner.
  • The Christmas Lights – The trees along the drive home were spectacular with their trunks wrapped in vibrant LED lights.

However, I am improving and did take pictures of…

  • the Thanksgiving feasters,

IMG_0526

  • the old house we found on our walk,

IMG_0530-1

  • and the vegetation at Longwood Gardens.

 IMG_0539IMG_0548IMG_0553IMG_0555IMG_0547         IMG_0549 IMG_0552IMG_0551

12 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Aunt Carmela is a wonderful hostess. That old house must have been something in it's heyday. Loved the botanical pictures. Reminded me of shots Daddy would take. I enjoyed the beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had a great weekend!

Janet said...

Those garden pictures are gorgeous. I'm glad you remembered to take pictures.

Joanne said...

What a fun break from the ordinary! Jocelyn's pretty tough to beat at Scrabble - so is Aunt Carmela. I haven't played forever, maybe it's my turn to get beat (again, by Jocelyn that is). Longmont gardens are so beautiful - even this time of year!Thanks for sharing.

Michael said...

Sorry you couldn't be home for Thanksgiving, but glad you were with family. Enjoyed the pictures.

The Atomic Mom said...

I love your blog. :)

Yes, James is a whiz at scrabble. I wrote a blog about it around Easter. He gentley corrected me and told me I'd been spelling loser wrong for years. That's a brother for you. :)

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

Jocelyn, you must have had a great time! I'm so glad you took pictures. I just love Aunt Carmela and I'm so glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with her!

P.S. I'm printing up the picture of you and the old house.

Jocelyn said...

Tamara - I actually have a school picture for you. Perhaps I'll send it to you. School pictures are so awkward. Uggh...

Aunt Suzanne - Aunt Carmela kept telling me how Grandpa loved the gardens and spent hours taking pictures when he visited. I wanted to take about 500 more pictures, but I restrained myself so I could enjoy the company.

Mom - You better be practicing Scrabble online or at least studying your book of strategies. I expect to see at least one bingo per game when I'm home. ;) Have you made flashcards of your 2 letter words yet? haha!

Jocelyn said...

Joyce - that does sound like something a younger bother, I mean brother, would do. I'm not sure my brother has ever corrected my spelling (while, I'm sure there's lots of opportunities), but he's more than eager to gently explain how to engineer something more efficiently.

Jack Turner said...

I've heard about the family scrabble playing several times, but I have yet to test my mettle against the Robertson scrabble champions. Maybe we can find time for that this Christmas.

Jocelyn said...

No maybe about! We ARE playing Scrabble this Christmas season. Can't wait to have you join the competition.

Miranda said...

I've always wanted to go to Longwood Gardens. How lovely. I've recommitted to get myself there!