Monday, January 11, 2010

A very Okapi Christmas

Okapi enjoyed his trip to San Diego. We have pictures to prove it:

 

IMG_0677

Bet you didn’t know that Okapi LOVE eggnog. Especially if it’s made with love by Jack and Tamara.

IMG_0680  IMG_0690

Okapi asked if he could help make breakfast, but he was told that the biggest help would be to set the table. IMG_0681

Okapi thoroughly enjoyed the traditional Swedish tea ring.

IMG_0679 

He was so pleased that Grandma came over to enjoy Christmas morning.

IMG_0684  IMG_0686  

Wow what generous and thoughtful gifts. He wonders WHAT COULD BE IN THOSE CLEVER BAGS!!! He get’s a bit excited sometimes.

Okapi remembered the meaning of Christmas and honored the Christ child. He loves nativities.

IMG_0685 IMG_0691 IMG_0692

He was quite impressed by the Christmas tree.

IMG_0693 IMG_0689

Okapi enjoyed playing Christmas songs. He wishes that he had better dexterity.

   IMG_0698

Okapi and I love the jean quilt!    IMG_0710 IMG_0711

10 comments:

Stefani M. said...

He blends right in with the Nativity. LOL

The Atomic Mom said...

I have to tell you, my cousin Keith always used to say he wanted to be an Okapi when he grew up. I didn't ever believe him that Okapis were real animals. Then I saw one at the SanDiego zoo once. So I guess Keith was right.

Sarah said...

Cuteness!!!

Geevz said...

And I love Okapi.

Grammyzanne said...

Glad we could participate with Okapi.

Andrea said...

Okapi!!!!

Jack Turner said...

This post had too many pictures for my phone to handle and blogs don't make it through the military filter so I'll have to finish looking at it later, but I love the okapi story.

Carrie said...

This Okapi thing has a story behind it - I'm sure. Love it in the pics though.

Joanne said...

Wow, okapi is sneaky - I didn't see him much during the holidays - maybe he's like Mina. Glad he could come and join in the festivities.

Jocelyn said...

Okapi are elusive. In fact, Europeans didn't know of their existence until 1901.

FYI - The Phoenix Zoo does not have Okapi on display, which was a bit disapointing to a certain zoo and Okapi lover who happened to be in Phoenix last month.