Friday, February 5, 2010

No mustangs were harmed in the making of this post

I learned a new rule last weekend. If it’s predicted to snow and you drive a Ford Mustang, stay home.

Whitney and I went to the temple in Maryland on Saturday morning even though it was predicted to snow. It was my turn to drive, so we took my car. Bad idea. When we left the temple it was SNOWING, a very moist snow.

After lots of fishtailing (I wasn’t the only car fishtailing), and a heart stopping 270˚ spin on the freeway, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch and waited for her dad to come rescue us.

Fullscreen capture 252010 105219 AM.bmp

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah, we Californians aren't too smart when it comes to snow. I had the brilliant idea to go up to Wal-Mart, because yes, it's snowing, but of course the freeway will be plowed. Wrong! I almost died - like five times.

Geevz said...

I'm glad your alive! We had a similar bit of fun once on the freeway. But we did get hit. By a semi.

Ended up being totally good luck actually. No injuries, nice insurance payouts, and a salvage title meant that padre in law got $3000 and we bought the car we were driving for $500.

Have fun staying home! I hear you guys are getting quite the blizzard your way.

Joanne said...

Fish tails are not that good! Glad you are just burrowed in for this next storm! Be CAREFUL!

Jack Turner said...

My first fishtail was on a gentle hill in a jeep with a girl in the car. It emabarrased me. Eventually I took the same girl 4wheeling and got stuck. It was not meant to be.