Thursday, March 18, 2010

My catch phrase

Brandie: Um, Jocelyn, I used your phrase.

Jocelyn: *with puzzled expression* Many hands make light work?

Brandie: No, “Sometimes I don’t make very good decisions.”

That’s not exactly the phrase I want to be known for, but hey, Brandie had certainly pulled a “Jocelyn” and filled her pot on the stove too full of quinoa and vegetables.

Last week I had a cookie fiasco that prompted: “Sometimes I don’t make very good decisions” but resulted in a delicious gallon zip lock bag full of chocolate chip cookie mound. Some poor judgment calls are still delicious, even if they’re not quite presentable.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

lol. please let her know she's not the only one who has had quinoa troubles. (:

Joanne said...

And to think that we think we have learned from our not very good decisions! How many times have I tried to stuff leftovers into a container too small (just barely) but overflow and make a big mess? Too many times to count!