Thursday, May 27, 2010

Smart Alarm

My days as a zombie are coming to a close. The swelling is almost all gone. The bruise is now a lovely shade of yellow-green rather than vibrant blue. I remember why I am doing tasks. I slept for 7 hours last night (pretty decadent these days).

Before my zombie days, I was suffering from snooze-button-itis. For some reason I never got my patented Light Therapy program fully up and running in my current place. I’ve been mulling over the idea of rearranging the furniture in my room, but I happened across a better solution thanks to my new phone.

My Samsung Moment is pretty much amazing. Not only do all the letters function properly, but it also has the Smart Alarm app. The Smart Alarm is amazing and despite my necromancer tendencies, I haven’t had any problem getting out of bed in the morning.

Here’s the description from the designer:

Smart Alarm AppThis application tracks body movements and calculates the best time for starting the alarm sound. Just put it somewhere on your bed: your phone's movements sensor (also known as accelerometer) is sensitive enough to work from any part of the bed.

It apparently figures out when my last dream is over and wakes me up right at the perfect time in my sleep cycle. A side effect that the website warns about is an increased likelihood of remembering your dreams. I have definitely experienced this.

2 comments:

Adri said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome! I hope I can find something similar on my new phone. If not I may just have to jump ship and get your carrier to get the phone. I so need that!

Adri said...

Ooo looks like I can get a Smart Alarm app on an Android system. I wonder if it will take my cat's movements into account too.. that could pose a problem!