Friday, June 11, 2010

One cheesecake to rule them all and in the darkness bind them?

 

lotctrr

Image Credit: Matthew Page from By Common Consent February 24, 2010

I’ve heard my cheesecakes described as heavenly, coveted, delightful. Here’s a new analogy:

From: Joe
Date: Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Subject: cheesecake
To: Jocelyn

So...  last night Rachel and I were discussing how great homemade cheesecake is... particularly Jocelyn's.

You know how if something that is bad for you tastes so good, then it's evil... Well we decided that not only is Jocelyn's cheesecake evil... but it is so evil that it must have been forged by Sauron himself in Mount Doom, in the land of Mordor.

In the beginning, there were cheesecakes given out:

three cheesecakes for the Elven-kings under the sky,

seven cheesecakes for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

and One cheesecake for the dark lord on his dark throne.

This particular cheesecake we have rules them all and calls to all!! No one can resist it and it is back to the lava in Mount Doom in the land of Mordor that it must be returned and destroyed!

And you have to be ever so careful because "Sméagol wants his precious!"

Joe

I think that this may be the first time I’ve been compared to Sauron.

7 comments:

Jack Turner said...

When your awesomeness makes people think you're evil it's because they're jealous. Jealousy is a form of pride.
Remind me to be careful about accepting cheesecake from you until the One Cheesecake is gone.

Joanne said...

I'll order one up for your visit this summer - I'm not afraid of evil (cheesecake that is).

Janet said...

You do make good cheesecakes.

Andrea said...

Ha ha ha! I want some evil cheesecake. Only the eveil ones taste the best!

Jocelyn said...

Jack, you're really good at spotting pride, too. I didn't know we had that great skill in common. You might be even better at recognizing forms of pride since this instance totally slipped past my radar.

Mom, you betcha! I was already planning on making one when I'm home. I'll be sure to bake ours with my secret ingredient: love. Apparently I left it out of the one I made for Joe.

Michael said...

I'm looking forward to more of your cheescake this summer...that last piece I had was way too small. (but very good)

Janet said...

I made a cheesecake for Wendy's birthday dinner tonight. It was good, maybe even great, but definitely not perfection like your one cheesecake that rules them all. Maybe you can give me some pointers. When will you be home this summer? I hope my time in CA will overlap with yours.