Monday, October 18, 2010

Crickets Chirping

There I was minding my own business...

The cricket by William Cho 

Photo by williamcho

For some reason, I really have been minding my own business lately. I go to work on time. I ride my bicycle on the weekends. I participate in a book group. I go to church. I pay my bills on time. I somehow managed to live a month without much drama.

My mom sent me an email because she wanted to make sure I was all right since I hadn’t been tweeting. A few weeks later she called concerned because I hadn’t shared any fun stories on my blog. I told her I had finally figured out how to mind my own business without getting into car accidents, putting my foot in my mouth, or being completely ridiculous. She laughed. I don’t think she believed me.

Really, I’ve just been busy adjusting to my new work assignment. With all my creative juices going toward creating schedules, learning names, memorizing goals, and trying to stay on top of paperwork, I haven’t had the need to stir the pot in other arenas. Don’t worry, I’ve been busy this last week. Mischief and meddling have commenced, just ask Whitney.

2 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

What is your new work assignment?

Joanne said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Moms are pretty smart when it comes to their kids (most of the time). I knew there would be a story brewing and now you're keeping us in suspense!