Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reflexive Charity

Perhaps the greatest charity comes when [I am] kind to [myself], when [I] don’tMirror Mirror On The Wall judge or categorize [myself], when [I] simply give [myself] the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting [my] differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with [myself when I] let [myself] down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when [I don’t] handle something the way [I] might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of [my] weakness and being willing to forgive [myself when I have] hurt [myself]. Charity is expecting the best of [myself].

Marvin J. Ashton “The Tongue Can Be a Sharp Sword”

Image from randy m santa-ana:photography

4 comments:

Rayleen said...

I love this!

Joanne said...

Food for thought.

Grammyzanne said...

I highly recommend the whole talk by Elder Ashton. Interesting - and appropriate - to apply the to self as well as others.

Meddy said...

I love it!