Friday, April 15, 2011

The art of minding my own business

Mind your own business

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Mind your own business" is a common English saying which asks for a respect of other people's privacy. It can mean that a person should stop meddling in what does not concern that person, stop attending to personal affairs of others instead of your own, etc.

S

 

o there I was just minding my own business…

 

  • When I invited myself and two friends over to Daniel’s for dinner (I brought a cheesecake, of course).
  • When I told his roommate I wouldn’t mind if Daniel asked me on a date.
  • When I invited Daniel to Sunday dinners with my roommates and friends.
  • When I turned down his roommate’s offer for a date by asking, “Why hasn’t Daniel asked me on a date?”
  • When I threw a New Year’s Eve party at my friend’s house in order to spend some time with Daniel.
  • When I started attending his Home Evening Group so I could have “face time” with Daniel.
  • When his close friend asked me on a Friday night date and I spent the entire evening talking about Daniel’s amazing attributes.
  • When I insisted his roommate encourage Daniel to ask me out (there may have been an IM conversation that involved ALL CAPS).
  • When I skunked him at Scrabble.
  • When we were sitting ages apart on the couch (yes, distance can be measured in time), talking about the Bishop’s recent invitation for the girls in the ward to flirt more and how some boys have difficulty interpreting girls’ actions, and I scooted right next to him, and said, “Does this help?”
  • When I told him that if he’s going to hold the door for me, he ought to hold my hand, too.
  • When I sent him a ransom note indicating that if he ever wants to see his arrowroot starch again, he better a) let me use his printer, b) teach me how to make a pie crust, or c) invite me to sit by him at church. (This sounds like the influence of Okapi.)
  • When I asked him how he felt about holding hands at church.
  • When I told him that I wanted to date him and be his girlfriend.
  • When I fell in love.

IMG_1227 

As Brent would say, “Hmmm…”

12 comments:

austin said...

AWESOME! :)

Geevz said...

Oh Jocelyn, I love you. Way to play hard to get :) I'm a firm believer that women should be clear with what they want because it gets better results. I may or may not have notified John that he could propose to me if he wanted to :)

I'm glad Daniel has enough sense to date you and I hope you two have a lot of fun. That includes lots more of those beautiful pictures.

Geevz said...

Oh and I just bought arrow root starch this week. Random.

Stefani M. said...

Haha. Sounds like what happened with Quentin and I. After a blind date clouded by it also being a double date (he spent more time talking to his old mission companion than me), he helped me move and as we were bring the last load up I said, "So are you going to ask me out again?" "Yes," he replies. "When?" LOL Went out that night, and pretty much every night since. :) So, now I know why you've been a bit absent from blogging... a little busy in the relationship department. Good for you!

DC said...

Hey, I made the A-list!

At the risk of sounding overly sappy (apologies to certain readers): you've captured my heart and enthralled my mind, Jocelyn...and I wouldn't have it any other way. I simply, truly, absolutely, deeply, and eternally love you. I don't think the adverb has yet been coined that can aptly describe my feelings for you, so those will have to do the trick.

I may take a bit to get there (obvious expressions of interest help!), but when I get there, I'm *there* :)

abby said...

Daniel is well worth it and so are you too. I'm glad he finally noticed.

Joanne said...

(I made a typo and had to redo.)

As an elderly lady in our ward used to interject after every good thing, "Wonderful! JUST WONDERFUL!" Anxious to meet Daniel!

Grammyzanne said...

How exciting Jocelyn and Daniel! We are happy for you. BTW, welcome to the family Daniel.

Ashley said...

Um... AMAZING. You are a riot!!! Nicely done, my dear... nicely done!

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

You took care of business by minding them :). Congratulations!

Austin's Mommy said...

You're adorable. Congratulations. Sadly, it took me a long time to figure out how to comment on your blog. I'm so in the dark ages.