Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Definition: engaged

en·gaged /ɛnˈgeɪdʒd/

–adjective

1. busy or occupied; involved: deeply engaged in conversation.

2. pledged to be married; betrothed: an engaged couple.

3. under engagement; pledged: an engaged contractor.

4. entered into conflict with: desperately engaged armies.

5. Mechanics .

           a.interlocked.

           b.(of wheels) in gear with each other.

6.Architecture (of a distinct member) built so as to be truly or seemingly attached in part to the structure before which it stands: an engaged column.

7. Jocelyn and Daniel

 

My sweetheart and I are getting married! After my choir performance Saturday, Daniel took me for a walk around the Washington DC temple grounds. While we were admiring the majesty of the building and contemplating the symbols of the spires, Daniel dropped to his knee and asked me to be his wife. He presented me with a beautiful place holder ring for me to wear while he waits for the real engagement ring to arrive.

Daniel and I will be keeping a wedding website updated with information about the wedding. Thanks to Jack for his infinite resources and sagacity in creating the webpage.

Jocelyn & Daniel

4 comments:

Jack Turner said...

Wow! That must have been some performance you gave! We're all looking forward to meeting daniel.

Jocelyn said...

Haha! Last night my choir performed again and Daniel watched it for the third time. Afterward he came up and said that if he hadn't already proposed, he would have proposed again. Apparently he likes altos or songs about the Savior.

Maddie said...

Would that be ok if I attend the wedding at the Temple?

Joanne said...

Love the web page. Thanks for all the updates! We're looking forward to meeting Daniel!