Thursday, April 28, 2011

Registering

Wedding registries really aren’t my favorite tasks. I don’t expect anyone to give me presents; however, at my sister’s encouragement, I have decided to be accommodating. Here’s the email correspondence that transpired that made me chuckle:

From: me
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:10 PM
To: Daniel

During my lunch break, I checked out Bed, Bath, and Beyond’s wedding registry. I just went through and put some things on it. I’d like to sit down with you sometime and talk about the items. Feel free to check it out and add anything you’d like.

From: Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:25 PM
To: me

In taking a look at the BB&B registry, I noted that we’ve requested 40 Indulgence by Isotonic Side Sleeper/Queen Pillows.  We could get rid of the mattress on my bed entirely and just layer the pillows on the box spring  ;)  Thank you for requesting a bread maker, by the way  :D

From: me
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:28 PM
To: Daniel

Princess and the Pea - dog

From: Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:30 PM
To: me

Hahaha, so that’s what you’re envisioning, eh?  The pea is a nice touch, but I really like how there’s a dog under there  :D

From: me
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:32 PM
To: Daniel

Sorry…wrong picture:

princess and the pea - cat

From: Daniel 
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:34 PM
To: me

That’s more your speed, I think.  I love how the cat is on the bed, yet the poor pooch is relegated to being under the bed!  It’s a cat’s world, I guess  :)

Please submit any tips on teaching a husband how to like cats and a wife how to check for extra zeros in the comment section below.

4 comments:

Adri said...

Invite him to my house to meet my felines. They are delightful, hardly shed, and don't use litter boxes (they prefer to go outside). Those are the perfect kind to teach him how to love kitties :)

Grammyzanne said...

Sorry Jocelyn, I've been trying for 40 years. Just gave up and told him when he dies I'm going to get a cat.

Rayleen said...

cats are kind of a deal-breaker.Sorry.;)

Joanne said...

After spending my teen years cleaning up the yard so I could mow, how could you not love a cat?