Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween 1987 or Why I Avoid Big Hair

Today I tried to wear my hair down. My natural waves were enhanced with my texturizing pomade and a little extra volume was added with a comb in just the right places. I was envisioning a Big Hair Friday post from Hair Romance – Love Your Hair. Mr. Chappell said I was beautiful, but I still didn’t feel it.

While I wanted to look like this:

I kept seeing this:

Hair Romance with her gorgeous curls My Halloween Costume - 1987

Angel

Witch

This is my “before” picture from Halloween in 1987. I don’t have a copy of the “after” picture, but I’m sure you can visualize my picture of perfection mixed with rain, mud, a skinned elbow, and the scowl that would make any mortal think twice before messing with me.

My grandpa loved that picture. He had it printed and displayed in his living room in one of those swivel picture displays with his other flowers. The other pictures were actual blossoms he had grown. He said it was the best witch costume he had ever seen. I made a point when I visited to make sure that the witch picture was all the way in the back.

Big hair on me makes me think of witches, tantrums, and skinned knees. I think I better stick with braids and ponytails.

3 comments:

Geevz said...

Oh I think you could still work the look ;)

Michael said...

You were a beautiful witch! I'm sure you were beautiful today.

Michael said...

You were a beautiful witch! I'm sure you were beautiful today.