Saturday, December 1, 2012

Alphabet Advent – B is for…

 

B-8-cap ears and books

One of my favorite traditions as a kid was sitting on the couch with my sisters, carefully scratching the Scratch & Sniff stickers in Patricia Scarry’s The Sweet Smell of Christmas. The distinct bottled smell of the pine tree signals Christmas for my brain long before it’s time to bring a tree inside. It wouldn’t be Christmas for me without Little Bear and picture books.

Patricia M. Scarry The Sweet Smell of Christmas (Scented Storybook)


Karma Wilson's Bear Stays Up for Christmas


 

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That was a favorite book. Do you remember reading a short Christmas story each night before taking a turn with putting a piece up on the advent calendar. Glad B is for books and little bear.

Jocelyn said...

Yes, I do remember that tradition. Thank you for taking the time to implement traditions year after year. I also remember that the advent calendar is supposed to be on rotation and that my turn should be very soon.