Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Alphabet Advent – T is for…

T-10-cap imeout

 

Happy Advent Season

Image Citation

Everyone needs a moment to step back and take some time to themselves. With the traditions that need organizing, the gifts that need to be wrapped, the cookies that need to be baked and delivered, the tree that needs tending, and so forth, I find it imperative to have a self mandated timeout.

Instead of setting the timer for 31 minutes and sitting on a chair in the kitchen, I enjoy listening to some guided imagery. I can put my feet up, snap in my headphones, and take a vacation to a land of relaxation and dopamine release.

Here are some links to free guided imagery and relaxation tracts for you to enjoy:

From Belleruth Naparstek with Kaiser Permanente: kp.org/listen

From the Counseling and Career Center at Brigham Young University

How do you relax during the holiday season?

1 comment:

Miranda R said...

I went and got a haircut at an Aveda salon this week. I nearly melted right into my chair it was that perfect.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!